- Selection will be decided by members of the Club’s Playing Sub-Committee i.e. 1st XV Captain, Extra 1st XV Captain, A XV Captain and Old Holcombeans XV Captain. The Head Coach will have overall authority within the sub-committee.
- The Committee will meet on Tuesday evenings at the club following training.
- All team selections will be posted on the notice board and the Club website promptly.
- If a selected player is unavailable then the player from the team below in that position will move up to replace him.
- Training attendance will be recorded and this will be a primary factor in considering selection.
- Players returning from injury of more than two weeks will be required to prove their fitness in the team below original selection.
- Only members of the Club will be selected. Do therefore ensure that your membership is current.
- This selection policy will be strictly adhered to. If there is an issue which is felt is in the Clubs long-term interest by the Selection committee to deviate from the above policy then that justification for the individual selection will be recorded and the players involved informed of the reasoning.
- Any Player dropped will be informed by the previous team Captain as a matter of priority.
- Any player who may feel aggrieved as a result of a selection decision will be entitled to raise the issue through the Director of Rugby.