COACHES CPD COURSES
As a result of feedback, the following courses have been centrally booked in West Kent for later in the year:
Saturday 2nd May, 10.00am – Lineout
Saturday 6th June, 10.00am – Continuity
Saturday 4th July, 10.00am – Ruck and Maul
They are all being held at Aylesford Bulls RFC.
They are available online now. If these courses get good attendances then this can potentially become an ongoing process. Hopefully we will have plenty of courses coming to West Kent in future, with the venue rotated.
There will also be a further three CPD courses running in East Kent later in the year for those coaches willing to travel further.
We will keep you up to date in with any Level 1 or 2 coaching courses being held in West Kent.
A GUIDE TO ONLINE COURSE BOOKING
Sent on behalf of: John Lawn, Head of Game Development
To: Club Coaching and Referee Co-ordinators
Dear Sir / Madam
For some time we have been encouraging clubs and individuals to utilise the online course booking system. To aid this we have recently reinstated the group booking facility and developed a user guide that is available to clubs wishing to use this additional functionality (see attached at Guide).
To have certainty of numbers arriving for each course and to help us avoid expensive administrative costs we are now asking, that where possible, all candidates please book online prior to the course.
As from 26th January 2015 any candidates who turn up without booking onto any coach, referee or safeguarding course will incur an additional £5 administration fee on top of the cost of the course when they request that their attendance is recorded. This will also apply to the manual group booking facility that is currently available.
We would kindly request that you make your colleagues aware of these changes and encourage them to have a record of their RFU username & password – these can be recovered at http://www.englandrugby.com/user/password-recovery/ – and to book onto courses in good time.
I would like to thank you for your cooperation in this matter and wish you well for the remainder of the season.
Medway rugby club are delighted to announce the appointment of Steve Young as the Junior and Mini Coaching Coordinator. He has a long association as both player and coach with MRFC and is looking forward to not only improving the quality of coaching for all our younger members but also developing links between the senior men’s section and boy’s and girl’s youth rugby.
Steve will provide guidance to coaches to ensure that best practice is being imparted to the players.
This role is a central element of the club’s declared ambition to make Medway the leading mini & junior section in Kent. Some of the responsibilities for the coaching coordinator are listed below but these are only a starting point and your viewpoints as parent and players will be sought in the near future.
We hope you will join us in wishing him every success.
• To provide ongoing support and sustainability by training coaches and develop work started in age groups.
• Create a coaches forum for mini and youth coaches to meet regularly.
• Provide or coordinate positional skills sessions for players.
• Provide specific support to players forwarded to Kent from under 13 upwards.
• Outline the player pathway for mini and junior members.
• To deliver coaching and coach education sessions.
• Coordinate coach the coaches sessions.
• To develop a professional approach at all levels of the club.
• Define ethos for the section in conjunction with Head coach.
• Define selection policy for teams in coordination with coaches.
• Induct new coaches particularly in the under 5 and 6 age groups
• Help refine coaching plans for each age group.
• Promote core skills as opposed to “win culture”.
• Promote participation of girls.
• Coordinate transition through age groups and into Youth section.
• Liaise with senior coaches to develop players in key positions
• Coordinate Summer camps and other initiatives to promote Mini/Youth Rugby.
• To liaise with schools and work closely with PE departments to promote MRFC.
• Work with the school liaison to arrange guest-coaching sessions at schools focusing on player recruitment.