Medway Rugby Football Club (The club) is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development.
- Sports equity is about fairness is sport, equality of access, recognising inequities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.
- The club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, disability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, abilities, experience, sexuality, nationality or social/economic status.
- The club is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat and intimidation, harassment and abuse
- All club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity. The club will deal with any incidence of discrimination seriously, according to club’s disciplinary procedures.
- The club will take steps, as appropriate, to encourage membership from different groups and diverse communities.
- Membership of the club shall be open to everyone